All About Gift Certificates
Gift shopping can be a daunting task to some people. You may think, how can an enjoyable task such as gift shopping be overwhelming? More often than not, it is either because people don’t have the time to shop or they don’t seem to know what to give. Have you ever experienced facing a blank wall thinking of what to give to a certain person? What can I give to someone who has everything? What about to a picky friend? Am I sure that my gift will not be just one of the many he or she already has? Yes, believe it or not, gift shopping can be quite thought-provoking.
The most practical and fitting solution to this type of a predicament is to give a Gift Certificate. A Gift Certificate provides the recipient the freedom to choose the item he or she likes to receive given the gift budget you have given him or her. A word of caution though: not everybody appreciates a Gift Certificate for there are those who crave for the surprise element in opening a present. But for the practical ones, a Gift Certificate is the perfect gift for the recipient gets to buy what he or she really needs or wants. Therefore, note that a Gift Certificate is not for everyone. You still need to do a little research and know if your recipient is the practical type or not.
If you so decide that the Gift Certificate is your best solution, here are some tips when buying one:
- Buy only from stores, be it online or brick-and-mortar, that you trust.
- It is good to buy from stores with a wide range of product selection so your recipient also has more choices.
- Check for expiration dates and fees. For online shops, it may appear on their websites and/or customer confirmation letters.
- For the online Gift Certificate, be sure you give your recipient’s correct and accurate e-mail address because the Gift Certificate Number will be sent via the e-mail address provided.
- Read the fine prints before you buy.
For the recipient of the Gift Certificate, these guidelines may be help as well:
- Treat the Gift Certificate as cash. For the online Gift Certificate, be sure to safe keep your Gift Certificate Number which will be used when you do your online purchase.
- We recommend immediate use of the Gift Certificate to avoid losing it or totally forgetting all about it.
- If you would like to convert your Gift Certificate to cash, make an inquiry from the store which issued it. If they accommodate such a request, ask if there are charges.
- Read the fine prints before you use the Gift Certificate.
A Gift Certificate may be a simple and practical gift to give but it still shows the loving intention and caring affection of the giver. Quoting from “The Angels’ Little Instruction Book” by Eileen Elias Freeman, “It isn’t the size of the gift that matters, but the size of the heart that gives it.”
Tags: gift certificates