Gift Shopping for Baby
Attending a baby shower? Is your niece’s baptism just around the corner? Or didn’t your best friend just give birth? So what do you plan to bring for mankind’s latest addition?
With so many choices offered by numerous stores (online or otherwise), it is plain easy to pick and purchase whatever gift item you see first or that which is in vogue. But realizing how special the new baby is to your family or friend, it becomes appropriate that whatever you give should also be something special and of value to both you as the giver and the baby and his or her family as the receiver. If you really want to put some loving thoughts into your gift, then you may want to take note of some baby essentials mentioned below:
- Buy one that is one size bigger. Children eventually fill out the larger sizes.
- Remember the season of the year. Jackets and raincoats are for cold and rainy days while tees and sandos are for summer.
- Comfort first before fashion. Your future fashionistas will surely prefer wearing clothes that may not be color coordinated as long as they are comfortable and warm.
- Look for clothes that are “easy-to-wear”. For newborns, the best are onesies that open in the front with poppers on the sides.
- Hats, booties, and socks are a must and so are washable bibs.
- Hooded terry-cloth towels are best after babies take their bath.
- Lots of cloth diapers. Despite the advent of disposable diapers, cloth diapers always come in handy and can used for a variety of purposes.
Baby’s Grooming Accessories
- Baby soap, bath liquid and shampoo are first on the list. However, be sure to read the labels to know how safe they are for babies.
- Baby nail scissors and clippers. So you avoid getting those small scratches here and there and everywhere.
- Baby brush and comb. Avoid bad hair days even for babies.
Baby’s Nursery Accessories.
- Baby’s Cot. Aside from the look and comfort, always check the labels for assurances that safety standards have been met.
- BabyBath. Babies are delicate to handle so when giving them a bath, a well-designed and good quality baby bath can help mommies perform this task with ease. A baby bath with a design that follows a baby’s body-contour and one that will prevent babies from slipping and sliding while under water is most recommended.
- Baby monitor. Whether it be audio or audio-video monitor, this gadget allows parents the freedom to move around the house while their babies sleep or play inside the pen.
- Night-light. It is certain that parents of newborn babies will get in and out of bed in the middle of the night to look after the needs of beloved. A night-light is definitely a big help in providing enough illumination to get up and feed the hungry crying babies and then get back to bed to continue that much needed sleep.
Baby’s Travel Accessories.
- Pushchair and/or Pram. You may consider the convertible pram-pushchair. It can be reclined to make for a flat surface and work as pram for the newborn. When the baby gets bigger, the seat can be put into an upright position for that delightful stroll in the park.
- Child Car Seat. A definite must-buy for the safety of your treasured babies.
- Changing Bag. Choose one that is pretty but sturdy as it will surely be brought to so many places in so many types of conditions. It must have a separate insulated bottle holding area (to keep the milk warm), bear multiple compartments (to segregate the food, fresh and soiled diapers, clean and used clothing, etc.), and a detachable changing pad (for easy diaper change).
Shopping for the needs of those cute babies can be exciting and tiring at the same time. But definitely, it’s worth it once you see that lovely smile from the baby and the warm “thank you” from the parents who gladly accept your present.